Laser-cut Cardboard Lampshade
Cut this attractive lampshade designed by tekSPACY maker Sarah out of corrugated cardboard. Combine with a Sekond cord set from Ikea and an LED globe to complete a hanging lamp.
- Get clean and stiff corrugated cardboard. Don’t be afraid to go Dumpster Diving for this!
- Laser cut 1 set of the lampshade supports at low power; get the design file here.
- Laser cut 10 sets of 4 ribs, for a total of 40 ribs. Download the design here.
- Be alert when laser cutting cardboard as it may catch fire if the laser is set incorrectly.
- Assemble the lampshade by matching up the slots in the supports with the slots in the ribs.
- Apply a dab of wood glue to the joins for extra security. Allow time to dry.
- Remove the large retainer nut on the Ikea Sekond lamp cord, in insert into the top of the lamp.
- Re-insert and tighten the retainer nut.
- Insert LED globe. The lamp is now ready for installation.